Friday, September 26, 2008

There's nothin' this cat won't do for money


Jaysus, Mary and Joseph, would ya look at me place. It's a wreck.

POOF. I don't think they're gonna help ya clean up, Paddy. Top of the mornin to ya. ... Whoa! That's a lotta bird crap!

Ah, it's the good for nothin green devil himself. It seems a whole murder of crows came in through the damn hole that madman poked in me roof. Who was that who wrecked me place? ... I noticed you didn't stick around for the show. I barely escaped with me life.

That, chum, was St. Michael the Archangel, certified, card-carrying heavenly badass. Doesn't look like you hung around too long yourself, or we'd be pickin bird poop off of pieces of that chrome dome of yours.

Where did they go -- back to non-Parallel Time I suppose?

Sorry, pal, but the boys downstairs have a strict no-interference policy. ... So you didn't hear this from me. ... I understand they're going to arrange some kinda seance to repair the sixth-dimensional rift.
I don't suppose they'll be invitin' old Ronan, eh?

Doubtful. ... But a seance is not the only way to get to non-Parallel Time, ya know.

Oh?

Very nonchalant. I like that. You're good. You have quite a following downstairs, ya know. ... Listen I know you have a score to settle with your sister on the other side.

I can't believe me own dear Marge would eat me alive.

So, ah ... As I said, you got quite a following and ... ah ... I might be willing to show you the way. For a price.
I'm listening, lad.

Well, I'm a football fan. American football to you, of course. That's my vice. Heck, everybody in Hell is a football fan. And I'm a huge Dallas fan. I mean the Cowboy's are Hell's team. We have virtually all of their deceased players, plus coach Landry ... And truth be told, we could use a good wide receiver.

American football's your vice, is it? That coming from a green devil ....

That spirit that was here earlier ... the really annoying one? The Player? We could use him on our team.

That arrogant bastard?! How could ya even stand to be around him, lad?

Hey, who cares? As long as we win.


Well what am I supposed to do about it? He's a spirit. I can't even lay me hands on him. Plus he's got that goon Michael holdin his hand.

Here's all ya gotta do. Once he gets back to non-Parallel Time, Michael and the angels will be done with him. I take you over to non-Parallel time and you get him to come back -- alone. We'll take care of the rest.

And how do you expect me to do that?

Money. There's nothin this cat won't do for money. ... Deal?

And how do we get to non-Parallel time without the seance and the sixth-dimensional rift and the rest of that malarky?

Simple. We just take the shortcut through Hell. There's an entrance just a few blocks from here. You'll be there in time for Celtic Classic.

There's a gate to Hell ... right here? In Parallel Allentown?

Sure! Haven't ya ever been to Croc Rock?

Aye, lad, I have. I have indeed. ... Deal.

1 comment:

Chris Casey said...

If there's a portal to hell in Allentown, (And God knows, it makes perfect sense there is one)
I was thinking it would be closer to, or perhaps even in the basement of the Americus Hotel. The Hotel Traylor even, don't you think? Just my humble opinion.