Friday, October 23, 2009

Who were you expectin', the Queen of England?

Well, that was unpleasant.


Welcome to Parallel Time. Have a good trip, mate?


I'm not your mate.

Well spoken, governor!


I'm not the governor, either. Who the hell are you?

Oh, I do enjoy parrying with you, sir. ... I'm Old Donovan, I am. Comfort station attendant extraordinaire, at your service!


You? Old Donovan?


I am I am. Who were you expectin', the Queen of England?


You don't want to know.


As you wish. ... Fancy a towel, mate? Got some nice cologne here to cut that smell from the loo. ... Mellow Yellow if you catch me meanin'.

Just give me a towel and point me the way to Newman.


Not just yet, governor. There's a bloke in Stall Number 4 who would like a word.


Jesus?

Not yet, Agent Bauer, but give it some time. I'm movin' up in the ranks lately.

St. Onslo?? You're not even a real saint.

I am now. I got me pips. Now I'm undercover, just like you.

I don't have time for this. I need to get to Newman.

Newman, can wait, Agent Bauer. It's the crows we need to concern ourselves with. ... By the way I got some gear for ya. Here's your secret decoder ring and your two-way wristwatch back. They would never a made it though that old loo back in Non-parallel Time. ... But I'm keepin' the 40 quid. Consider it a finder's fee. ... Oh, and here's another piece a hardware for ya.


A BB gun?


The crows hate them.


Whatever. If I'm not going to Newman, where am I going?


Interesting story, that. But no time to tell it. Hurdy Gurdy Man here is flushin' ya down to the South Pole. ... To meet the pope.


Stall Number 5, governor. Our finest.... Very reliable!

No comments: