Monday, August 1, 2011

I will not be referred to as a byproduct



Your Haughtiness, these people have been sent to us by St. Onslow.

Mistakenly, I might add.

They are associates of the others who arrived here earlier. ... Except for Mrs. Egram. She claims to be from an alternate timeline.

You mean from non-Parallel Time, don't you?

No sir. He does not. And I shall speak for myself if you don't mind.

Please Mrs. Egram, by all means.

I lived happily in my own time, you see -- the non-Parallel Time of the past as it were -- until these three (as well as a so-called vampire hunter and his son, a polar bear, who have been since dispatched to non-Parallel 1868) -- altered my timeline in a clumsy attempt to kill me.

Um. ... Marge, actually, if I may interject. It was a clumsy attempt to go back in time to kill Marge before she became a demon and destroyed Allentown in non-Parallel Time ...

... Except that their Marge did not exist yet. In fact, it was their interference that created her.

Ironic, I reckon.

And what is your part in this?

I, Mrs. Egram, was the pre-Marge. Their attempt to kill me caused a landslide in which I apparently ate my younger half-brother, the combining his demonic power with my own.


You see, Marge, I mean pre-Marge Mrs. Egram, was actually a semidemon, the offspring of a half vampire and a cambion.

Cambion?

The byproduct of a union between an incubus or a succubus and a human.

I will not be referred to as a byproduct.

Her brother Ronan ...

Half brother.

... was a descendant of the Irish mythical warrior Cuchlainn.

He wasn't so mythical. His Parallel Time counterpart escaped into non-Parallel Time and destroyed a whole block of Allentown while trying to get revenge on Marge.

... We went back in time again to the moment before the landslide and tried to kill her again. ...


Hmm. But we done messed it up again pretty good and got stuck in an alternate timeline.

And, yet, you stand before me now?



Mm. We done figured the alternate timeline would have would have one of them underground latrines that Ol' Donovan lived in in this timeline. 'Cept he was young Donovan when we got there. Hmmm. Acourse that was when we got mixed up with Ol' Bramwell.

Bramwell? My head is spinning.

Pardon me, Your Hindquarters, someone else has just come through the toilet.

No comments: