Thursday, October 16, 2008

I want my damn mercy!


Jesus gave away my damn seat in heaven to Paul Newman?!? He can't do that. Who the hell does he think he is? I am the Player, damn it! He can't give my damn seat to Paul Newman!!

Junior is a huge movie buff. And Paul Newman, c'mon? 'Cool Hand Luke'? ... Hey, it's OK. You'll get used to Parallel heaven. I mean, sure, it's nowhere near as nice as non-Parallel heaven and they don't have a Diamond Club, but there's a Ruby Tuesday's and you get half-priced wings anytime you want.

Wings?!?! Hell, the Player doesn't eat any damn wings. I'm supposed to be in real heaven where every damn thing I want is free with my Diamond Card and I'm entitled to the use of a super premium automobile.

Yeah, about that. ... Mr. Newman's gonna need that Diamond Club card. You'll really have no use for it in Parallel heaven, anyway. Everyone rides bikes there. ... There's a Country Buffet, did I mention that?

Bikes?!?! Country damn Buffet??? ... No damn Paul Newman is gonna take take my damn Diamond Club card. It's not fair. Jesus himself said if I went to Parallel Time and helped bring back the Green Guy I could be in the Diamond Club! I did everything he said. You trying to tell me Jesus himself can't be trusted?

Hey, he works in mysterious ways, what can I say? Besides, you had plenty of time to go to heaven, but you kept your Lord waiting as you slummed around in the spirit world trying to collect on old debts. It doesn't pay to make Jesus wait. You hurt his feelings.

Hell! This isn't right. Jesus is supposed to be merciful. I want my damn mercy! I did everything I was supposed to do. What about that angel? I saved her ass from Ronan.

He certainly did!

Can it, sister. You're on thin ice as it is. ... Come to think of it, saving the angel was uncharacteristically selfless of you. ... Though I'm not sure you did anybody any favors.

Hey, I saved the damn angel and I want my damn Diamond Club card and I want to be in real damn heaven. ... And I'm sorry I let Jesus down, OK? And I want that seat on his left side, not the right side.

Well, I don't think that's gonna be good enough. ... Hang on, I gotta take this call. ... Hello, yes, yes. OK, I'll put him on. It's for you, Player. I'll put it on speaker.

It better not be damn Truman. Hello?

Hello, Dude. It's Jesus. First off, I want to tell you how grateful we are that you saved the little angel. ...

See??

Shhhh!

... Secondly, I'm afraid we've given away your spot in non-Parallel heaven. I'm sorry dude, but you've had a lot of time to check in and we just assumed you decided not to come. We've given your spot to someone who deserves it.

Paul Newman? Damn! But we were gonna watch the games together. Jesus, please don't leave me in Parallel heaven. I want to to be in the show! I want to be in the Diamond Club!

Well, since you did selflessly save an angel in distress -- and seriously dude I did not see that coming .... Um ... OK here's what we can do. You can come to heaven, but no Diamond Club. Your club card and your seat at my RIGHT hand will go to Mr. Newman. You'll be sitting in general admission.

How far away is that seat? Do I have to ride a damn bicycle?

It's far. ... Listen, I can let you have a gold membership. That entitles you to a full size car, with a possible upgrade. And well drinks only.

Well drinks? Damn. Can I upgrade to a Lexus suvie, or a Hummer, or an Escalade?

No, no and no. Take it or leave it.


Damn.

POOF! You don't like the accommodations in heaven? That's where I come in. How'd you like to play for our team? The Parallel Hell Cowboys. You can have any ride you want. A huge salary, lots of perks. No drug screening. And we'll throw you the damn ball on every play.

Beat it now, while you still have one eye.

Hey, back off, Chewie. Union rules. He ain't in heaven yet, he's still fair game until you walk in the door of Tommy Tomorrow's. So wad'dya say, Player?


You would throw me the ball every play? ... No. You go to hell. You gotta run the damn ball once or twice to open it up for the pass.

Go to hell? Oooh. Ouch. I'm outta here. POOF!


Dude. I'm so proud of you! I see an Escalade in your future. ... But you still get well drinks and general admission.

Do those seats have cupholders?

You bet! ... Hey we're watching 'The Hustler' Sunday. Why don't you come by after and we'll catch the game. ... Hasta luego, dude! ... Oh, and Michael. Deal with the crows, OK?
Damn! ... Did you see that devil's eye?
Where does Junior find these guys?

No comments: